Maybe I'm a little late to the party, but I'm totally loving this lace around the eyes thing! I saw a few pics in my Pinterest feed, then had to search for more. This dramatic and fanciful look would be so perfect for a glam party, or divine for a burlesque stage look. Or what about rocking this gorgeous and dreamy eye in a boudoir photo shoot? Smashing. Look at all of these beautiful eyes!
There are many ways to achieve this fantastic look:
- adhering actual lace around the eye
- using lace as a stencil to paint eye makeup through
- using a temporary tattoo with a lace design
- going super DIY and drawing your own lace design with eyeliner
Chanel made a big splash with the look on the Spring 2013 runway. Check out some of Chanel's lacey eye pics on chicprofile.com.
Most of the photos above are recent, but one is a surprisingly vintage pic from Vogue magazine. Can you spot it?
To get a better look at all of these gorgeous pics, check out my Lacey Eye Pinterest board! To those unfamiliar with Pinterest (if there's anyone out there who hasn't been completely pulled in by Pinterest's delicious eye candy yet), clicking on the individual photos will take you to their original sources, some of which are tutorials. A cursory YouTube search for "lace eye tutorial" yields many video tuts as well.
I'd love to know: Have you tried this look? Let us know in the comments. Which technique did you use? Share a pic if you have one!
So you love to go to burlesque shows around town and can’t get enough of the vintage pinup art by Gil Elvgren. You’re into the styles and think, “but how can I incorporate it into my everyday look?” Well if you’re like me, sometimes you just need a few ideas to get started, and then it all starts flowing. Here are a few ideas to get pinup and burlesque outfits into your daily wardrobe.
Let’s start with Pinup
• Dress up any outfit with the quintessential pinup accessory: big, beautiful flowers. You can wear a large silk flower in your hair, on a brooch pinned at your shoulder, or on a ribbon around your wrist.
• Paint your toenails red and don some cute peep-toe heels or wedges with your skinny jeans or dresses. Don't forget your red lipstick!
• Wear a petticoat underneath a halter dress to give you that 1950s look. It will make your skirt more full, with adorable ruffles peeking out under the hem. Super fun if you're going dancing!
• For a casual Pinup outfit, try a colorful bandana tied around your head, with some great pinup bangs, and a retro inspired outfit.
Now how about Burlesque?
• Put a feather fascinator in your hair - it can be just a flourish with a single small feather or two, or it can be big, bold and elaborate with long feathers and lots of jewels, or even a mini top hat!
• Create a flirty little outfit with a bustier or corset top, short shorts, and flashy lace or patterned fishnet tights.
• Wear sexy lingerie under a sheer blouse for a tantalizing yet classy look. You can make it more sophisticated by keeping it all black and pairing it with a classic pencil skirt, or more casual and contemporary by incorporating more colorful pieces and a mini skirt or jeans.
• Let your garters and thigh high stockings peek out from underneath a short skirt to make a great burlesque look that isn’t over the top.
Pinup and burlesque outfits are very versatile and just so much fun because it’s all about embellishments and lingerie. It’s really easy to pick a few accessories or go bold with the right lingerie or hosiery to create a memorable style. I hope you try out a few of these ideas. Most of all, have fun with it!
I heart pretty tights! Tights are so classy and feminine, yet donning a funky pair of tights is an easy way to show off your individual style. Lace tights will help you achieve a romantic, flirty, but polished, look. I've rounded up some pics of pretty ladies from around the blogosphere that I hope will inspire you!
For a classic look, keep things simple with a solid black skirt and neutral top:
For something a bit bolder, add a pop of color with a bright blouse:
Patterned skirts paired with solid-color, neutral tops also work beautifully!
Ready to take it up a notch? Try pairing your lacey tights with a boldly patterned skirt and colorful top, or an eye-popping trench coat styled after Blaire Waldorf in Gossip Girl:
You can even layer lace tights over opaque colored ones like this stylish gal has:
The main idea is just to have fun with your legwear and you'll look fabulous! Trust your instincts, and when in doubt, pair bold tights with a simple, solid-colored skirt or dress and you can't go wrong. Be sure to check out the awesome patterned tights and stockings we have in the hosiery collection at Kuhmillion.com!